Project #3: Tinker Cad


  1. This being our first online project, how did our new format change your experience of working in this class?   I found the project to be very challenging because it was all technology lead. It was hard for me to keep focus while also keeping up the motivation. That being said, Zoom seemed to work really well for our class and break-out rooms allowed for discussion and collaboration. I would have loved to have seen even more collaboration when the class was in person. Speaking through Zoom with people who sat across the room from me in the class was fantastic because I was able to get completely new perspectives. 
  2. How did you challenge yourself creatively, conceptually and/or technically in the making of this piece? I think I could have done more to challenge myself, yet at the same time, I recognize that this was a completely new program for me and conceptually was very different than what I am used to. Working in 3-D on a 2-D surface is extremely difficult and not exactly my favorite method to create, but I am happy to have tried and who knows. maybe I will come back to it in the future. 
  3. Were there elements that made the completion of this piece either more difficult or felt not challenging enough? For me, I think the hardest part was being so far away from each other and not feeling capable of articulating the exact problems I was having. I think the tutorials, though simple, were very helpful. Tinkercad looks innocent but without the basic knowledge, I could see it getting very frustrating. 
  4. Reflect on the project critique: was the feedback you received helpful? Be specific about why or why not.  I think the critique was a little more laid back in the sense that this was a rather short project, but we still had a great critique. I was really impressed by Nina's piece because of all the different techniques she intertwined. I thought that Zoom was pretty great in terms of critiquing because the screen share allowed for an in-depth look at Tinkercad as it moved.
  5. Was there anything that your professor could have done to better support you thought this project? No, everything was great
  6. Please share any other thoughts. I enjoyed this project and I hope to print out my little chair when we get back to campus <3!



Comments

Popular Posts